Jameson writes and performs radically beautiful music centered around the finger-style guitar. His work strives to create seamless contexts for improvisation, engages fully with silence and stillness, and exploits the idiomatic quirks of the guitar as a catalyst for composition. He is involved in harnessing musical data from the mapping of natural artifacts such as tree branching and ocean waves. He currently collaborates with cornetist Theo Padouvas.
Jameson is a regular contributor to the Oakland and San Francisco music scenes. He has performed as a part of Ben Goldberg's Brainchild, Michael Coleman's Young Nudist, Zach Rogue's Release the Sunbird, Anthony Coleman's Retake Iowa, as well as with composer Jacob Zimmerman, songwriters Caleb Nichols and Jesse Rimler, and the rock bands Churches, Grand Lake, Some Ember, Otherness and Rad Cloud.
He studied with Joe Morris and Anthony Coleman at the New England Conservatory of Music, where he graduated with honors in 2007.
Jameson teaches music at Mid-Peninsula High School in Menlo Park, CA.
- 2017 Belonging, featuring Theo Padouvas (album)
- 2015 The Torn Attachment, featuring Theo Padouvas (album)
- 2013 Changelessness (single)
- 2010 Desolation Happiness (album)
- 2009 The Big Feet (short film)
- 2016 "Songs for Acoustic Guitar and Cornet," Eagle Rock Center for the Arts, Los Angeles, CA
- 2014 "Harmonica Songs," Maybeck Studio for the Performing Arts, Berkeley, CA
- 2012 "10 Pieces for Solo Performer/Steve Reich's Pendulum Music," Compact Gallery, San Luis Obispo, CA
- 2010 "Jacob Zimmerman & Jameson Swanagon," Trinity Chamber Concert, Berkeley, CA
- 2009 "The Big Feet" (premiere), Artist's Television Access, San Francisco, CA
- 2008 "Lonely Ground," David Patton Gallery, Los Angeles, CA
- 2015 Caleb Nichols, Double Mantasy (Self Release)
- 2012 Release the Sunbird, Imaginary Summer EP (Brushfire Records)
- 2010 Grand Lake, Blood Sea Dream (Hippies Are Dead)
- 2009 Grand Lake, Nevermint (500 Records)
- 2007 Anthony Coleman, Lapidation (New World Records)